We have come to our final transition to a new trimester for the year at EPS from Winter to Spring and there is much to celebrate as well as look forward to. In the Winter Trimester we enjoyed performances from our Middle School and Upper School choirs, the Instrumental Music Ensemble, the Directing class in their one act directing projects, and Upper School actors in the production of The Memorandum. This has been a very busy season, but every performance was outstanding and has created a very positive buzz around the school!
We hope you had a chance to enjoy one of these performances and if not, here are a few upcoming events to get on your calendar:
– The First Annual Student Film Festival – Friday, March 13th at 4pm in the Music Room. Come enjoy a curated selection of student created films from our Middle School and Upper School Film courses.
– The Talent Show – Friday, March 27th at 4pm in the Levinger-Poole Commons. This will be an amazing event highlighting the multitude of talents within our community.
– Urinetown, the all-school musical – May 7th & 8th, with an invited dress rehearsal on May 6th at the Kirkland Performance Center at 7pm.
– Spring Music Concert – May 27th at 7pm in the Levinger Poole Commons
In addition to these upcoming events, there are a variety of new classes in the Fine and Performing Arts department that are starting today. Here is a brief list of the new courses:
– Mixed Media (5-6, 7-8, & US)
– Art Meets Science (US)
– Intro to Improv (5-6)
– Acting Scenes (7-8)
– Acting 2 (US)
As we push through to the end of the year, I am proud of all the work our community has created and excited about what the next few month will bring. I hope you will have a chance to join us at one of the major event coming up to share in the creative efforts of our students.